The MPCA is a civic organization, created to …
- Protect the park lands and waters from adverse activities and pollution.
- Increase, whenever possible, the pride in our nation and community through active civic participation with our neighbors.
- Provide financial support for Minerva Park community activities.
- Function cooperatively with the Minerva Park Village Council and other community organizations.
Membership is open to all MP residents, and the dues are only $20 annually (pay your dues by contacting the Membership & Dues Chairperson). There are no initiation fees or lifetime memberships.
Monthly meetings are held the Wednesday following the second Monday. Residents are invited and encouraged to attend.
MPCA Annual Events
Your Community Association sponsors several events and programs throughout the year, to enhance the quality of life in Minerva Park. If you will volunteer to help with any of these activities, please contact the Community Association president.
- Garden Awards – Dedicated to a different season each year, the Garden Award honors a particularly beautiful garden. Their name(s) are added to the plaque at the Community Building.
- Garden Tour – A summer garden tour provides an opportunity for residents to see how others have decorated their outdoor spaces and learn tips & tricks for making their own landscaping more appealing.
- Outstanding Citizen Award – The “Duck Award” honors a resident or group of residents who have made the greatest contribution to improving the quality of life in Minerva Park. Their name(s) are added to the plaque at the Community Building.
- Annual Garage Sale – This is the largest fundraising event for the MPCA throughout the year. With collective advertising, easy-to-follow maps, and food provided by the EMS, this has become a popular event.
- Welcoming Team– The local “welcome wagon” helps residents feel comfortable when moving in and provides a resident directory & other documents to help new residents get acclimated to their new neighborhood.
- Lake Clean-ups – In the spring and fall, the lakes need particular attention.
- Sunshine – We acknowledge illnesses and passings that are made known to us.
- Halloween Party – Ghosts and goblins delight young and old.
- Easter Egg Hunt – Ready, set, go! You’d be surprised how many candy-filled eggs those kids can grab.
- Children’s Christmas Party – Children enjoy this fun time to create a holiday craft, decorate cookies, sing carols, and give Santa their wish lists.
- Scholarship – The Nancy Fischer Memorial Scholarship annually awards one scholarship to deserving a Minerva Park graduate.
- Monthly “MyMPCA” Newsletter – The newsletter keeps residents up-to-date and provides advertising opportunities for local vendors.
- Annual Resident Directory – This booklet provides the latest in neighborhood phone numbers and services.
- Festival of Lights – Categories include the Best … Outdoor Tree, Entrance Way, Religious Theme, Whimsical Display, and Outline Effect. Winners receive a gift certificate to a local nursery.
- Meet the Candidates – Held in October, this is the residents’ opportunity to review credentials and discuss issues.
If you will volunteer to help with any of these activities, please contact the Community Association president.