Watch this page for updates on the Minerva Park 75th Anniversary Celebration, coming summer 2015! If you would like to participate in planning the event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meeting Notes from May 21, 2014:
We had a very productive meeting on May 21. I would like to thank all of you who took the time to attend and participate; your efforts are appreciated. I’m hoping our next meeting will be in late June, where we will start to review some of the historical items. Below are more details of events we’d like to have at the celebration and items we need help with:
- Fundraising. We have several ideas; we need more ideas and people to volunteer to execute the plans. Pie sales, dance-a-thons: Valentines Day Kiss-a-thon: Minerva Park nights at local restaurants; and any other ideas.
- We would like to have a program cover design contest and a T-Shirt design contest (we have some things in mind and one logo); we need people to run the contests.
- We want to make sure all residents know about the event; so we need someone to create flyers and make sure they get handed out at 2014 and 2015 MPCA events (like Family Fun Night).
- Let’s have a PARADE! Floats, decorated bikes, and pets….we would love a parade to start the celebration day off right! We need a volunteer to help organize it.
- We have a couple of volunteers to help with the historical materials and presentations…we need more. We have ALOT of wonderful history to sort through, catalog, display, etc. We would also like to create new memories for this event.
- FOOD! Every great party needs food. We are thinking about having a pig roast, and neighbors to bring sides. Anyone with connections in that area or a desire to organize the food is welcome!
Thank you all! I Look forward to working all of you!