September 12, 2015
75th Anniversary Schedule of Events and Information
· Parade kicks off at 11:00 from the playground area, picking up kids on bikes and several nifty cars! Parade Prep starts at 10:00 (kids at community building, participants (VIPs, trolley, float, cars) will line up at the playground). The kids/bikes will join the parade as it passes the community building.
- The parade will end at Hawthorne Elementary, where we will then have a short opening ceremony, about 11:30-11:45 AM.
- Between 12:00 and 1:00 pm, there will be presentations on the history of Minerva Park in the cafeteria at Hawthorne. The materials will be on display until 6:00 pm.
- Food will be available for purchase from food trucks parked at Hawthorne from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm. Scheduled food trucks are Sock Hop Soda Shop, Dan’s Deli, Sophie’s Pierogis, and Los Potosinos.
- The pool will be open from 12:00 pm-8:00 pm
- Beer from Barley’s will be available from 12:00pm-7:00pm, please bring cash and your ID to purchase.
- At the pool, we have lots of activities from 12:00-8:00 including:
- The Turtle Lady, from 2:00pm-4:00pm
- Shutterbooth! Will be available from 1:00-pm-5:00pm. Make some memories of the day with a photo strip! The Village will get a copy of each in a memory book. Cost is $2 per strip.
- NEOS! An electronic interactive play game will be set up!
- Crafts will be available for kids from 12:00pm-7:00pm
- Our EMS group is creating a Cardboard Maze! It will be available all day
- Spin Art will be available
- Mouth of the Wolf Productions will perform a drama event
- We will have a DJ announcing events such as a Tug-of-War, coin toss into the pool, 20 foot long ice cream Sunday, and paddle boat races, from 12:00pm-4:00pm.
- We will have The Ride, a band providing music from 4:00pm-8:00pm.
- MPCA will have a table where residents can update their directory information, pay the annual membership dues, participate in auction and raffle, buy the History of Hawthorne Book, buy a T-shirt or framed historical map (free delivery in Village of map following the event).
- In the event of poor weather, most events will move from the pool to Hawthorne.
- Remember to bring cash to purchase food, beer (also bring your ID), and to buy photo strips.
- We need your help! Please use the link below to sign up to help!
- MPCA 75th Anniversary Volunteer Opportunities.xlsx –https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yo1iWK65H0Gpw57bSN0Dpyued-9bx7SuITm1uWniGaA/pubhtml
- Questions? Please email me at email@example.com or ask on the MPCA Facebook page.