The rain date is Aug 27…see you then
Our annual membership drive is here and we have exciting news for 2016! Residents will now be able to update their information online, and pay the annual membership online as well! Please follow the 2016 Membership Registration and Online Payment link.When registration is complete you will receive a confirmation page with the link to PayPal, where you can make your payment.
- Membership is $20 I paid by mail or in person, and $21 if paid online.
- Membership proceeds will continue to used for community events run by the MPCA, including the children’s Halloween Party, Christmas Party, and Easter Egg Hunt; Family Fun Night, Wine and Cheese, Garage Sales, Candidate’s Night, Nancy Fisher Scholarship, Garden Tour, Festival of Lights, Duck Award, Welcoming Committee, Resident Directory, The Villager , and the Carriage Rides.
- You may complete registration online and mail your payment ($20 if paid via cash or check), or drop off at Community Building if you do not want to use the online payment option.
- Your registration information (whether provided online, in person, or via mail) will be used to update our resident directory, as well a confirm paid members for events such as the annual carriage rides
- Only MPCA officials have access to any information housed on the site
- Volunteers will visit residents who do not complete registration online (let us know if you can help).
- Please direct any questions to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please join us for the fun! Saturday August 13th from 8 to 11. Adults only, $5 at the door, BYO (Beverage of your choice), appetizers will be served.
Saturday July 23rd from 7 to 10 pm. We will have games, a facepainter,music, tug o war, and much for your $3 entry fee. We will also have food and beer for purchase as
well a many items to raffle off. I hope to see everyone there!
Wine and Cheese at the Pool
June 11, 2016 @ 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Minerva Park Swim Club Inc, 3032 Minerva Lake Rd, Columbus, OH 43231, United States
Come join your neighbors and friends for some wine and appetizers…or beer and brats! It’s $5 per person BYO beverages…we will provide appetizers. The pool will be open for this adults only event so come and enjoy a great night! Details to come in the Villager, our Facebook page, and www.mympca.org.
MPCA meeting June 15 7pm community building
MP Garden Tour Sunday June 26, 1p-5p
Four Minerva Park gardens and two public gardens are scheduled for the FREE annual garden tour sponsored by your MP Community Association. It is not too late to be a garden tour participant. Please call 560-0452 or email email@example.com for more information. For updates closer to the time of the event, visit mympca.org/Events or consult the Columbus Sunday Dispatch At Home Section column “Coming Up.”
Gardens participating so far…
*2690 Lakewood Dr, an English cottage garden combined with a shady park-like setting along a ravine with hostas, perennials, annuals, and ground covers
*2829 Lakewood Dr. Formal front yard garden with a backyard transformed with perennials, annuals, garden art on the site of a swimming pool.
• Lakewood and Maplewood Drives, the Mary Yost Garden, a public garden with numerous hostas and other perennials natural setting.
• 3071 Minerva Lake Rd, a hillside perennial & vegetable garden surrounded by mature trees in a natural setting overlooking a golf course. Look in the fenced backyard for the secret garden.
• 3054 Minerva Lake Rd. The back yard is mostly a shady perennial landscape, featuring old trees, a screened porth, and unique “outhouses.” These wooden structures include a pergola and a combination storage shed with an attached potting shed that houses a hanging swing, a favorite spot to unwind. •
*2829 Minerva Lake Rd, MP Community Building, a colorful shade garden with hostas, perennials, and annuals. The rear garden overlooks Minerva Lake. •
Reminder-May 14th Garage Sale registrations are due by Saturday May 7th. Let’s make it a great sale!
Volunteers to help distribute packets on Friday May 13th and/or assemble packets on Thursday May 12th (7 to 8 pm) would be appreciated. Packets can be distributed anytime on Friday. Reply here or message me if you can help.
Hi! Registration for the May 14 Garage Sale is Saturday May 7. The $5 fee puts your sale on the map and you will get balloons for your mailbox. The form and fee can be dropped off at the MPCA mailbox at the Community Building.
Mulch Day is Saturday May 21. Please meet at the community building at 9 am to help mulch the neighborhood beds and keep things looking great.
Our first Wine and Cheese event is Saturday June 11, from 7 to 10 PM at the pool.
Please see previous posts, The Villager, or the individual events at mympca.org for more info, or post questions here.
Upcoming events (all dates are Saturday) include:
MP Garage Sale #1 is May 14, from 9-4. See details in The Villager or on the site. Sale #2 is August 20.
Family Fun Night is July 23rd, from 7-10, this is a family event with swimming, games, music, food for purchase, and a 10 foot long sundae! More details and fee information will follow.
Wine and Cheese events are June 11 and August 13, also from 7-10. Note this is an earlier start and end time that we have had in the past (some of us had issues staying up that late!). This event is for adults only, and the pool will be open. We provide appetizers, you Bring Your Own Beverage…wine, beer, whatever makes you happy. We do charge $5 for this event. We are thinking of selling beer at one of these events…any feedback on that?
As always any help is appreciated!
This is a test post for our new email subscribers. Thanks for signing up and staying in touch! If you’re just browsing the page and want to sign up, you can do so with the form in the sidebar.
Hello Neighbors. The MPCA is in need of a Volunteer Coordinator, A Treasurer, and a Children’s Party Chair. See the notes below and please reach out (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you can help or have any questions.
Recruit volunteers as needed for activities planned by MPCA. The Volunteer Coordinator should be notified, by the chairman of an event, as to the number of volunteers needed and their responsibilities. This should be done at least three weeks in advance of the activity so the necessary volunteers can be engaged. Emails, phone calls and requests on MPCA Facebook are made by the Volunteer Coordinator.The Volunteer Coordinator gathers information, from the membership committee, concerning potential volunteers and their willingness to donate their time and services i.e. baking, helping with parties, phone calls. Etc.The Volunteer Coordinator should recruit volunteers two weeks ahead of an event and reminder phone calls made a 4-5 days ahead of the event.
Coordinates, documents, updates and reports on the MPCA budget at monthly meetings; performs banking duties; provides reimbursements as necessary; performs tax filing duties; provides insight and direction on expenses and budget planning.
We are in need of someone to take over the Halloween Party and the Easter Egg Hunt, and to help with Family fun night.